Join us as we delve into powerful accounts from a suicide survivor and a person who’s endured multiple losses to suicide, and gain enlightening insights from Dr. Nicole Siegfried as she busts common suicide myths.
Warning: For informational use only; not a substitute for professional advice. If you or someone you know is struggling, seek help from a qualified professional.
Dr. Nicole Siegfried, a seasoned clinical psychologist and the Chief Clinical Officer at Lightfully Behavioral Health, a renowned mental health treatment center focusing on supporting individuals grappling with suicide.
Benji Love, a brave individual who has survived suicide and Outreach Chair for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention in Orange County, and Outreach Manager for The Godden Center, a nonprofit serving addiction and mental health.
Carmen Diaz, who has tragically lost several loved ones to suicide and severs as a board member on the Inland Empire and Desert Cities Chapter of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: A 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, as well as prevention and crisis resources for individuals and their loved ones. Contact: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) or use the online chat at suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/.
- Crisis Text Line: A free, 24/7 text line for people in crisis. Text HOME to 741741 from anywhere in the United States.
- The Trevor Project: A 24/7 national hotline offering crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ+ youth. Contact: 1-866-488-7386 or text START to 678678.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP): They provide information about suicide, stories of people who’ve survived, and ways to help those affected by suicide.
- SAMHSA’s National Helpline: A confidential, free, 24/7, 365-day-a-year treatment referral and information service (in English and Spanish) for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders. Contact: 1-800-662-HELP (1-800-662-4357).
- NAMI Helpline (National Alliance on Mental Illness): Provides information, referrals, and support to people living with a mental health condition. Contact: 1-800-950-NAMI (1-800-950-6264).
About Caveman & Counselor:
Caveman & Counselor is a podcast that aims to answer the challenging questions about behavioral health and recovery, brought to you by Desert Marriage and Family Counseling.
Hosted by Kelly Lewallen the experienced therapist (aka Counselor) and behavioral health advocate Gregg Homme (our very own Caveman).
Craving for more? Become a patron on Patreon and unlock a treasure trove of exclusive content, thoughtfully curated just for you. Let’s dive into the depths of the mind, one episode at a time!
Connect with us:
Email us with questions, comments, and feedback at [email protected].
Tik Tok: @cavemanandcounselor
Kelly Lewallen, MFT #37832
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist